Thursday, June 25, 2015

Allow Me to Introduce Myself-Team 2

Wooddale is returning to Guatemala in August with not one, but two teams. I will be your literary guide for Team 2 updates and Jess will be your go to for all things Team 1. Over the next couple months, we will be introducing our team members so you have an idea of who we are and how you can be praying for us as we prepare to go. We will be sharing pre-trip events and experiences as well. Feel free to post questions, encouraging words, or any recommendations you have for us. We need you, our prayer warriors, as you are an essential part of the team. What an incredible blessing it is to be a part of the body of Christ.

Here is a little bit more about me...


Name: Michelle


Occupation: Pediatric Physical Therapist at Gillette Children’s Specialty Healthcare in St. Paul, MN
Family: Parents Chuck and Denise, sister/roommate Allie, brother and sister-in-law Daniel and Elise, plus an awesome extended family and friends that often feel like family

How did you learn about the trip and why did you decide to go?
I attended a presentation at Wooddale where Carol presented her trip to visit all our global partners around the world. I felt a tug to go somewhere and met with her to discuss the options. Guatemala seemed like the best fit. I also turned 30 this year (or is it the first anniversary of my 29th birthday?) and felt God telling me this would be a year of adventure, so I signed up.

What are you most excited about for the trip?
I am most excited to work with the kids. Kids have always been my heart and since I don’t yet have any of my own, I adopt heart kids and am excited to meet and hang out with the ones we will be working with at the orphanage, church, and schools.

What are you most nervous about for the trip?
Honestly, sleeping. I am a very light sleeper and I know the hotel is next to a busy highway and there are many noisy animals eager to greet us in the area. I am hoping that the ear plugs will do their job.
           
If you had to change your occupation, what would you choose and why?
I would be a voice actor for Disney. I’ve always wanted to be in an animated feature. If it were a singing character it would be even better. Either that or I’d be an author of children’s book because I love to write and tell stories.
           
If you could be friends with one fictional character, who would you
choose and why?
I would be friends with Anne of Green Gables. I loved the books/movies growing up and often dreamed of exploring the Canadian countryside with Anne and the gang from Avonlea.
           
How can we pray for you on this trip? 
Please pray for a teachable heart, surrendered will to God, and courage to be vulnerable and open with those we meet.

No comments:

Post a Comment