Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Allow us to introduce ourselves . . . Team One!

HELLO AND WELCOME TO THE WONDERFUL FOLLOWERS OF THIS BLOG!!!
MY NAME IS JESSICA AND I WILL BE YOUR TEAM ONE HOST!!
We are heading out on August 11th and returning late on August 18th. We are throwing VBS events for Busca de Dios, which means Seek God, a church plant in Sumpango, an orphanage, and a school called Precious Moments in Guatemala City’s largest dump.
Each of the women on Team 1 has written a short blip about how they feel for the trip. Please pray as you see fit for each of them! We are all looking forward to what God will do!

First up, we have Lorelei, our team’s mother figure and someone I really admire J!
My name is Lorelei and this will be my 4th trip to Guatemala. The people in Sumpango have become very dear to me so I'm looking forward to being back with them. And I'm super excited to have my niece, Rachel, go on this trip with me!

Batting second will be the aforementioned and amazing. . . . Rachel!
I’m Rachel, and after hearing all of my aunt’s (who is also on this trip) stories about Guatemala, I felt like God was telling me it was my turn to go with.  I’m so excited to go, as this is my first time out of the country, and I can’t wait to see what God has in store for everyone involved in this trip.

And then there’s me . . .
I'm Jess, the team blogger and youngest member (you will be hearing from me a lot) :) . It is my first time going on a Mission Trip to anywhere, so I'm off to see the world! Pray that God uses our team in amazing ways and that He heals and blesses everyone involved!

Coming 4th, we have Stephanie, the leader of the Department of Face Painting and External Affairs (i.e. prayer), pictured below with the adorable daughter of her friend!
Hi, I'm Stephanie. I'm going on this trip because of the opportunity for me to grow spiritually, closer in my walk with God, and share the gifts that God has given me.  I really hope we can make a difference in the lives of those we meet and interact with.

Our Head of Debriefing and expert on adapting to foreign cultures, Hannah!
I'm Hannah, in charge of team debriefing. I have been on several overseas missions experiences but never to Central America so I am very excited to absorb a new culture! Please pray for deep connections with Guatemalans in spite of the language barrier! 

Hannah’s Secretary of State and team devos leader, Kelly!
Hola! Me llamo Kelly :) This will be my second missions trip to Guatemala and I can't wait to go back! I'm excited to continue to build relationships with our Guatemalan ministry partners and to share the love of Christ with those we'll be interacting with throughout the week! 

Our jack-of-all trades and my roommate, Dana!
Hi! My name is Dana Schomberg. Two of my favorite things in life are learning and teaching. I am very excited to learn about the culture in Guatemala, and learn the ways that I can help spread the gospel to these beautiful children while also sprinkling some of my passion in: healthy life style choices. I am also excited to teach the community what it feels like to love one another like Jesus did.

The angel who has organized EVERYTHING about the VBS, Amanda!
Hi there! I'm Amanda, and this will be my first missions trip. I am looking forward to growing with this team of ladies and everyone we get to meet in Guatemala! I'm so excited to see the Body of Christ working together in other parts of this vast world! Please pray for us and follow us on this exciting journey! :)

And last, but certainly not least, the President of this entire expedition . . . . AMY!

I am so excited to be a part of teams 1 and 2 and to see how God not only uses each person in Guatemala, but uses Guatemala in each of their lives after we return home. As we have spent the last few weeks discovering, the week in Guatemala is actually just the starting point!    Why am I going? Frankly…..because I have fallen in love.  With Guatemala, and Guatemalans, but I am just as passionate about "gringos" that go to serve in Guatemala.

No comments:

Post a Comment