Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Rallying the troops!


It is time to rally the troops! Team 1 heads home today after a long fought battle in Guatemala and team 2 is facing attack before we even leave US soil. You, our prayer warriors, are essential for the work that is ahead this week. 

First prayer request: there is one team member we haven't introduced yet and you will find her profile below. She has been experiencing what doctors think is a reaction to the vaccines on top of an infection in her foot that likely started as a bug bite. They have put her on medication to fight the infection and she will learn later today if she will be able to join us for the week. The medication has side effects and they want to make sure those side effects are minimized before they give her clearance to travel where medical care is sporadic. Please pray for healing and protection over her today. 

Name: Cathy 

Occupation: Director, Operations, Merkle Inc.
Family: Mom and Dad, Brother Mark, niece Gracie, my brother’s Girlfriend Mary Anne and her two kiddos, Seneca and Isaiah, and of course Reggie!
How did you learn about the trip and why did you decide to go?
- I have wanted to go a Missions Trip for a really long time, and in the past year I heard of a trip to Guatemala that was focused around kids. My plan was to attend the next Information Session at Wooddale when the opportunity came up. One night this past Winter, I was at Rojo with some friends prior to the Chris Tomlin concert, and was talking about how much I wanted to go on ‘this’ Missions trip. Come to find out that Amy Trottier who was also at dinner was the leader of the exact same Guatemala Missions trip that I was talking about! I had perma-grin that whole night hearing so many great things about the trip…And that settled it. I was 100% in!!!

What are you most excited about for the trip?

- I am so very excited to spend time, play, teach and allow the little children of Guatemala warm my heart with joy! Many of these children are in need of love, and yet while they have very little, the pictures I have seen show these children with huge smiles on their faces. I can’t wait to meet them!!! I am really looking forward to spend a week with the awesome team of folks I have met that I get the privilege to travel and experience Guatemala with, while focusing on the simple joys of a smile and letting these children teach me more than I could ever teach them!

What are you most nervous about for the trip?

- I’m not nervous

Option questions (pick 2 of these questions to answer):
What song would play on your soundtrack for this season of life and why?
Prior to this trip, where was your favorite place to visit and why?

- Hawaii…Specifically Maui…My Brother lives there. I love to visit the non-touristy spots that are off the beaten path. Paia is a great little town, and Mana Foods in Paia is the best store on the Island. There is one touristy place I LOVE, which is the Saltwater Inifinity Pool at the Marriott in Wailea…I am an Ocean girl, but THAT pool is amazing! Okay, maybe two touristy spots…I love the ABC Stores as well! 


If you had to change your occupation, what would you choose and why?

- I would own a Doggie Day Care and Spa Hotel. Most folks who know me know how much I love animals, especially dogs, and especially especially my little Reggie! I was lucky to grow up in the country with dogs, cats and horses! My mom always said I should be a vet because I loved our animals so much, even the little toads I’d chase, catch and keep… But I could not stand to hear or be around animals in pain. A Doggie Day Care and Spa Hotel would allow me to be around cute animals all day, but in a much more enjoyable atmosphere. I’d have a Doggie Pool, a Doggie Jungle Gym, Obedience classes, tons of space for the dogs to run around, and really nice sleeping areas for the pups who need to spend extended time away from their family! I’d also be able to take in a handful of dogs that were not getting the opportunity to be adopted as quickly as they should be. I’d care for them and search for their perfect ‘forever homes’! Talk about doing something that you love!!!


If you could be friends with one fictional character, who would you choose and why?
If you could have a super power, what would it be and why?

How can we pray for you on this trip?

- Please pray for our whole team, their safety, and the safety of their loved ones who stayed behind. Prayers to trust in God’s word and direction, and to allow His grace to shine through each of us!

Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore, put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand you're ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. ~Ephesians 6:11-13

Please join me in prayer for Cathy today! A full prayer guide for the week will follow in the next post. Thank you for joining us on this journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment